Blackberry Solutions for SAP
In today’s business environment, the market leaders have workers in remote locations all working together as one integrated team.
Field staff are now empowered to make choice and take action. This level of integration takes technology to run it.
With Drak System’s BlackBerry Enterprise solution you can take that team dynamic to the next level. Your team will be able to process information at anytime, anywhere and update your Enterprise systems and other team members as soon as new information is available.
BlackBerry based Enterprise Solutions for SAP
Research in Motion (RIM) created the BlackBerry wireless platform from the ground for corporate data needs. The platform is built around the BlackBerry Enterprise Server™ which provides manageability, scalability and flexibility with a host of centralized management tools.
Security on the BlackBerry platform has been built around government approved standards such as 3-DES and AES over HTTPS networks. These security models are independently audited by a digital security consulting firm to ensure that it meets strict industry and government guidelines.
The BlackBerry is a proven solution with over 3 million subscribers in 2005. Thousands of companies and government organizations have already deployed BlackBerry devices to their mobile work forces. In fact Todd Kort, and analyst for Gartner Inc. said that 90 percent of RIM BlackBerry sales were in the enterprise.
Business Benefits of a Mobile SAP Solution
The following are what SAP state are the benefits to the business by implementing a mobile business system. We cannot agree more or write this any better ourselves, so here is what SAP write:
Leverage Technology Investments
- Extend existing applications to new user groups.
- Enhance employee efficiency and effectiveness by eliminating paper systems.
- Provide up-to-the-minute information.
- Enable fast, flexible decision-making.
- Support cross-selling and up-selling.
- Benefit from alert and notification functions.
Improve Information Quality
- Minimize errors through automated data.
- Make tasks effortless through user-friendly mobile applications.
- Ensure that all employees have the latest information at all times.
Implement for the Future
- Deploy open, flexible applications that integrate with existing systems.
- Leverage e-business standards such as HTML and XML.
- Take advantage of WAP, i-mode, Bluetooth, and Wireless LAN -- plus emerging
technologies and devices.
Increase customer satisfaction
- Lower downtime through quick user adoption of role-relevant devices.
- Minimize user training through simplicity and ease of use.
- Allow faster response to customer needs
- Permit on-the-spot order entry and confirmation
- Offer personalized products and services.
The Drak Solution for SAP
Drak Systems has created a BlackBerry solution framework that utilizes the benefits and strengths of both the BlackBerry devices and SAP. As a mobile application, it is designed from the ground up on the BlackBerry Enterprise Platform. The benefits this brings are:
The system gets data directly from SAP and updates data directly to SAP. By eliminating a data store in the middleware, data integrity and speed of updating the SAP system is greatly improved.
- Push data to alert the user of new corporate information
- A unique interface to maintain and manipulate data to suit end-user needs.
- Ability to work off-line in remote locations or on airplanes.
- Device is updated with new data whenever it is available.
- Easy to use, the system is managed centrally with no synchronization or setup hassles on the handheld.
The BlackBerry devices can also be connected to data-collection devices such as Bluetooth® based wireless barcode scanners or label printers